The new and improved Capcom Fighters Network will go on a PC Beta testing that will start on March 28, as per Harrison's blog on Capcom Unity. This recent announcement was posted by Capcom just recently to showcased the result of rebuilding the CFN from the ground up.
The free PC beta testing will only feature online modes, the beta client is said to be separate from the base PC client but information such as username, rank, and other details will carry over to the beta client.
The beta testing is for data gathering only and the announcement specifically states that " All data recorded during the beta is for testing purposes only and once the beta has concluded, all replays, Fight Money earned, progress and player data will be deleted," and Kolin will be unlocked in order to encourage players to participate.
We have compiled the CFN changes below as listed in the announcement.
Rage Quit Penalty System
- Back in December, we implemented an update to the Rage Quit System which displayed a special Player Profile Icon for the worst offenders and the most honorable players. These icons are working correctly now and matchmaking logic now takes into account your online behavior and frequent disconnectors will be matched with similar opponents.
Ranked and Casual Match Loading Times
- We understand many players were not happy with the load times when entering online matches. There will now be a shorter transition when going into a Ranked or Casual Match.
Battle Lounge Country Flags
- Country flags should now properly load in Battle Lounges, allowing players to locate competition in their region.
Training Mode – User Settings Saved
- Training Mode settings are now saved and will carry over to the next time the mode is accessed.
- It should now take less time to find an opponent in online matches. We’ve also added logic which avoids frequently being matched with the same opponent repeatedly.
Fighter Profile Stats
- More detailed stats will be tracked and presented on your Fighter Profile.
Country / League Based Rankings
- Players will now be able to filter leaderboards based on Country or League.
Friend Management System
- In addition to adding a player to your Favorites, you can now add Friends and follow them on CFN. You can now also Blacklist players.
- On the CFN home menu, a live feed of your Friends’ activities is presented on an interactive Timeline. Using the Timeline, you can immediately add a recent match to your Replay List, view a Fighter Profile, manage your Friends, and adjust Timeline display settings.
In-Game Announcer Voice
- The in-game announcer will give you stats on both you and your opponent using data pulled from the server.