The recently launched Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
will be getting a major update next week which will fix various major bugs together with some balance changes to certain characters. The update for the character adjustments will go live next week on October 16 for all platforms same with the General changes (Xbox One general changes will come at a later date).
The following update precedes the launch of the three DLC characters who were previously announced for the game(Black Panther, Sigma, and Monster Hunter). Check out the full patch notes below for more information and stay tuned for more gaming news and updates.
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Patch Notes
General (These changes will go live on PS4 and PC on October 16 and on Xbox One at a later date)
When an opponent has been hit by three special "grab" projectiles in a single combo, they will automatically be affected by a spiral hit stun, causing them to be invincible and sent into the air. Players can also counter tag out of these attacks.
- Spider-Man - LP/HP Web Ball (including air versions)
- Frank - LK/HK Hammer Throw
Can perform air recovery in eight directions when recovering from certain unique hits in the air.
- Dante – Bee Hive
- Chun-Li – Spinning Bird Kick (including air version), Kikosho, Hoyokusen
- Chris – Sweep Combo
- Doctor Strange – Bolts of Balthakk
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to block during the last frame of crouching block recovery.
- Fixed an issue that caused a connection error to occur when continuously performing successful grabs in an online match.
- Increased throw invincibility during air recovery from 3F to 5F.
- Fixed comboing into another combo using the Mind Surge throw.
Characters (These changes will go live across all platforms in the update on October 16)
- Fixed a bug when taking damage during Tempest that caused Dante’s position to change from the location where he took that damage.
- Fixed bug(s) so that properties of moves without the shield match those with the shield. (ex: forward jumping during forward ground dash without the shield did not have dash momentum)
- Fixed a bug causing backflip (without shield) to be invincible from start up.
- Fixed a bug that caused his back ground throw to not do damage and had a shorter knockback distance.
- Fixed a bug where jumping forward during a back ground dash (with shield) had dash momentum.
- Fixed a bug that caused him to not face the opponent when behind them while activating Charging Star and Hyper Charging Star.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to cancel Dark Spell: Creation after LK/HK Dark Hole with Flight.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to cancel Dark Spell: Creation after LK/HK Purification with Flight.
- Fixed bug where when there are 3 Graces of Hoggoth HP traps on screen and Flames of the Faltine is used from a higher position, the fired laser VFX disappears.
- Fixed bug causing one Grace of Hoggoth to remain on screen after activating Flames of the Faltine in certain situations.
Source: Capcom Unity