DLC's and game expansions play a vital role in the gaming industry as these digital downloads improve and extend the game's gameplay and playability. In relation to this, we have compiled some of the most notable DLC/add-ons announced in various E3 presentations and are scheduled to launch within the year. The compilation of the game does not include stand-alone DLC titles.
Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds (PS4)
The first expansion to the critically acclaimed Horizon Zero Dawn came as one of the big surprises for Sony's E3 presentation. The DLC is currently available for pre-order on the PlayStation Store for $14.99 for PS Plus Members and $19.99 for the rest and is expected to go live on January 1, 2018.
- Uncover a compelling new story.
- Explore a brand new area
- Face new machines
- To use this download, you need Horizon Zero Dawn.
- Enhanced for PS4™ Pro with dynamic 4K gaming, improved graphics and environments, and High Dynamic Range visuals*.
The Legend of Zelda: Expansion Pass DLC Pack 1 (Nintendo Switch)
The much-anticipated DLC of the epic Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild will go live on June 30. The expansion pack 1 of 3 will include the following contents;
- Trial of the Sword
- Hero's Path Mode
- Hard Mode
- Travel Medallion
- More Armor ( 8 treasure chests placed around Hyrule containing armor themed after previous The Legend of Zelda titles).
- Korok Mask
XCOM 2: War Of the Chosen (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
The sequel to the award-winning 2K turn-based tactical RPG will get be getting a new DLC called War of the Chosen. The game's expansion will feature the following contents;
- New Factions and Hero Classes (Reapers, Skirmishers, and Templars)
- The Chosen (Described as the most cunning enemy XCOM will face)
- New Alien and Advent Threats (Spectre)
- New Environment and Mission Objectives
- Enhanced Strategy Layer
- Greater Customization and Replayability
- Challenge Mode
The DLC is expected to go live on August 30, 2017
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind: Horns of the Reach and Clockwork City DLC
Bethesda has announced two new DLC coming to the Elder Scrolls Online will be getting two new DLCs. Horns of the Reach and Clockwork City aside from this two contents the base game will also be getting a major free update which includes new Battlegrounds map and ruleset, Morrowing owners will have access to the Battlegrounds content even without getting the Horns of the Reach DLC.
Horns of the Reach (August)
- New items
- New Dungeons (Bloodroot Forge and Falkreath Hold)
- monster masks and achievement
- Obtainable through the in-game Crown Store
- Battlegrounds map (Arcane University)
- Battlegrounds ruleset (Chaos Ball)
- new homes, furnishings, cosmetics, Crown Crates and holiday events.
Clockwork City (Later this year)
- more than 10 hours of new content which will take players deeper into Sotha Sil's Lair
- Does not need Morrowind in order to play
- more information coming soon
Check out the trailers of the DLCs below and stay tuned for more gaming news and updates
"Horizon Zero Dawn DLC Trailer"
"LOZ:BOTW Expansion Pass Pack 1 Trailer"
"XCOM 2 DLC Trailer"
"ESO: Morrowind DLC Trailer"
Source: PlayStation, Nintendo, XCOM, Bethesda