A new event for Call of Duty Black Ops 3 called Operation Swarm goes live today featuring new items, a new game mode, new weapons, specialists themes and revamped maps. The event is in preparation for the upcoming reveal of Call of Duty Black Ops 4 on May 17. The features of the event are listed below straight from the game's official webpage.
- The fan-favorite Prop Hunt mode is coming to Call of Duty: Black Ops 3! Props and Hunters can do battle in hide and seek combat throughout different Black Ops 3 locations. Starting today, ten maps will be available for Prop Hunt play in Black Ops 3, including:
- As a bonus, Prop Hunt will also come to Nuk3town, but with a different set of rules: in Nuk3town, the Props are all mannequins, although the pose and model for each mannequin will be random. Props have nine Decoys when they spawn, instead of usual three. Additionally, whenever a Decoy is destroyed, the Prop that placed it is refunded a Decoy use.
NEW WEAPONS & WEAPON CAMO
Two tried-and-true weapons will be buzzing into Black Ops 3 with Operation Swarm for the first time:
- The RPK makes the jump from the original Black Ops into Black Ops 3, providing players with a chance to add this lethal LMG to their loadouts. Slap on Extended Mag for an enormous ammo reserve, and stick with the RPK’s iron sights for optimal visibility.
- The Sten submachine gun has been a staple in Call of Duty games set in the World War II era, and previously made it into the world of Black Ops via the original Call of Duty: Black Ops. Now, that close-quarters efficiency comes to Black Ops 3 for players who like to get up close and personal. Toss in a Reflex sight and an Extended Mag, and you’re a force to be reckoned with.
Adorn the RPK, Sten, or any of your favorite weapons with the HIVE weapon camo. This limited time camo puts the sting in Spring. The new weapon camo is only available in the Black Market until May 9 at 10 AM PT. Deadly never looked so good.
- Before it became a forgotten farm town, Fringe was a small, but bustling community. Now, see it at night, back in its Heyday as a storm rolls in across the horizon, making it the perfect evening for a new conflict.
NEW SPECIALIST THEMES
- As if that’s not enough, nine new Specialist themes are also incoming. These sleek new themes will outfit your Specialist in style and identify you as a key agent of Operation Swarm.
Also, 2XP playlists and a unique Operation Swarm calling card which can be obtained just by logging in will be available starting today up to May 9, 2018. Check out the gallery below and stay tuned for more gaming news and updates.
Source: Call of Duty