The final story expansion for Monolith's Middle Earth: Shadow of War is going live today. The expansion follows the exploits of Captain Baranor of Minas Ithris in his quest to conquer the imposing Marauder fortress of Shindrâm. To accomplish this task, Baranor must journey to the Eastern deserts of Lithlad to employ an army of ruthless Human Mercenaries known for their combat and stealth abilities. Known for his bravery and superior combat skills, Captain Baranor is still human and his death will have consequences. The features included in the expansion can be seen below.
Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion (Now Available):
- Open a new front in the war for Mordor as Baranor, Captain of the fallen city of Minas Ithil. Travel to the Eastern Deserts of Lithlad and raise a new army of human mercenaries.
- As a mortal man, and lacking a Ring of Power or a wraith, Baranor can neither cheat death nor dominate Orcs. Ally with the Dwarven hunter Torvin, master ancient technologies and command loyal allies to stay alive and conquer this new land.
The following content and features will be added to your game upon purchase of the Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion. Please note, if you currently own the Expansion Pass, this content is included with your pass.
Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion includes the following content:
- Play as Baranor, the Captain of Minas Ithil and survivor of the city’s demise, in a new story expansion where players can command the forces of Man against a new Orc threat to the East.
- Unite with Torvin, the Dwarven Hunter, to craft powerful new combat gear, including the shield, gauntlet, grapple and kite.
- Fight to survive in Mordor as a human without the power of a Ring or a wraith to cheat death in a new rogue-like campaign mode.
- Fight alongside new friends and allies in the form of human Mercenaries with new Command options.
- Complete a host of new outpost missions and overthrow the imposing Marauder fortress of Shindrâm.
- Face new enemies, including the mythical Were-wyrms.
- Play as Talion in the new region of Lithlad, expanding your main story campaign to experience all new Shadows of the Past missions as well as Conquests, Sieges, and Vendettas.
- Unlockable Baranor character skin for the main story campaign.
The Desolation of Mordor launches today as part of Shadow of War's Season Pass. Xbox One players can purchase a separate copy of the expansion for $19.99, PS4 and Steam players can either get the entire Season Pass for $39.99 or the Story Expansion which includes The Blade of Galadriel for 24.99 since the standalone option of the DLC is currently not available as of the time of writing. Check out the launch trailer below for more information and stay tuned for more gaming news and updates.
"The Desolation of Mordor Launch Trailer"
Source: Shadow Of War