The remake of the highly acclaimed Final Fantasy VII has been one of the most anticipated game for some years now. Some of the fans, however, are beginning to worry and wonder about the status of the game's development due to its absence in this year's E3. In relation to this, the game's director Tetsuya Nomura in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu assured fans that the game's production is in fact "going well". He also states that the game's "development is moving along more than expected among other things," other details of the game which were translated and shared by Gematsu can be seen below.
- We’re trying to figure out when we will put out the next news release.
- Production is going well.
- The scenario will also delve into the members of Avalanche.
- [Development] is moving along more than expected, so please wait for the next news release with peace of mind.
- The direction was pretty much decided upon before we changed to internal development, and production is going well.
- While preserving the atmosphere of the original, the scenario will dig deeper into the characters, including members of Avalanche.
From the looks of it, it seems that the team is doing their best to make the remake better and somehow surpass the original. To do this, fans may have to wait a little longer for the next update as this could probably blow their mind. Final Fantasy VII Remake was among the list of games leaked in Walmart Canada's leak which showed that an Xbox One version of the game. Most of the games in the listing were already announced so it may not be that long before Square Enix provides an update for the game. Stay tuned for more gaming news and updates.