There is no doubt that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has performed brilliantly in terms of sales especially in Japan. In fact, the game has just become the best-selling entry in the highly-acclaimed series in just 5 weeks with over 2.6 million units sold based on the latest Weekly Famitsu Rankings. Gearnuke who first got hold of the information also made a comparison table (see below) focused on the number of units sold for each Super Smash Bros. entry.
Super Smash Bros. Lifetime Sales Comparison in Japan
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) – 2.62 mil
- Super Smash Bros. 4 For Nintendo 3DS (3DS) – 2.55 mil
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) – 2.37 mil
- Super Smash Bros. (N64) – 1.97 mil
- Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube) – 1.51 mil
- Super Smash Bros. 4 For Wii U (Wii U) – 746k
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as the name suggests is the ultimate entry to the series. Not only does this title features one of the biggest rosters in the fighting game genre, but it also bursting with a diverse collection of game modes that includes an epic 20+ hours Story/Adventure Mode called "World of Light. Aside from that, SSBU is also the highest rated version in the series overtaking Super Smash Brawl for the Wii. Check out the accolades trailer for the game below and stay tuned for more gaming news and updates.
"SSBU Accolades Trailer"
Source: Gearnuke, Nintendo