Update 2.0.0. for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
just went live bringing along the pre-order Piranha Plant bonus DLC character. Aside from that, the new update also brings improvements to the game's spirit board feature to which you can now play with up to four players. Other than that, the highlight of the update comes from the various adjustments for the game's characters and the various bug fixes that can be seen in the patch notes below.
SSBU Update Version 2.0.0
- You can now play Spirit Board with up to four players.
- Select the spirit you want to challenge on the Spirit Board, and then go to Party → Fighter to select the number of people who will play. When playing with multiple people, you will lose the battle if any player is KO’d.
- The following spirits will now appear in the Shop.
- Partner Pikachu
- Partner Eevee
- Dice Block
- River Survival
- Golden Dash Mushroom
- We adjusted the calculation for Global Smash Power.
- Added the DLC fighter Piranha Plant.
- Piranha Plant will become available for purchase as DLC at a later date.
- Pressing both jump buttons at the same time will now cause you to short hop.
- Fixed the issue where the KO score included your teammates’ KOs when Team Attack was On.
- Game-balance adjustments.
- Various gameplay fixes.
For those want to check some of the changes of each character especially those who already established their mains can click on this LINK for more details. Do take note that "your game must be registered by 1/31/19 (11:59 pm PT) to qualify" for the free Piranha Plant DLC character. If you are already registered expect the code within 10 days which will be redeemable up until June 30, 2019. Check out the gameplay video for the new character below and stay tuned for more gaming news and updates.
"SSBU Piranha Plant Gameplay"
Source: Nintendo, Nintendo Wire