PlayStation 4's 450MB Update 6.50 includes more than just the commonly seen "This system software update improves system performance" message. It also brings great news for those loyal to the IOS platform. As the new update comes with a new feature that enables them to connect their PS4 to their devices, in other words, Remote Play is now available at the App Store for both the iPhone and iPad.
Remote Play Features for the IOS
- Display the PS4 screen on your mobile device.
- Use the on-screen controller on your mobile device to control your PS4.
- Join voice chats using the mic on your mobile device.
- Enter text on your PS4 using the keyboard on your mobile device.
- Mobile devices with iOS 12.1 or later installed
- iPhone 7, iPad (6th-generation), and iPad Pro (2nd generation) or later are recommended
Other Features Included in PS4 Update 6.50
- You can now choose 720p when you broadcast using Niconico Live. This service is only available in certain countries and regions.
- You can now change the button assignment to perform "Enter" operations from the (circle) button to the (cross) button.
- Select (Settings) > [System] and then select the checkbox for [Use (cross) Button for Enter]. This option is only available for specific countries and regions.
Update 6.50 went live on March 7 for both the base PS4 and the PS4 PRO
. Stay tuned for more gaming news and updates.
Source: App Store, PlayStation